ORDER your Nigerian food ingredients online today – UK only.
Bean Porridge is a simple one pot protein rich meal.
- 1 can black eyed beans (400g strained)
- 2 pieces plantain
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp crayfish
- 1 piece onion (chopped)
- 1 piece knorr cube
- 1/4 tbsp chili powder (optional)
- 150 ml water
- In a medium saucepan pour the water in along with the strained beans and bring to boil.
- Add the onion and plantain/ cocoyam. Cook until the plantain/cocoyam is tender about 15 mins
- Add the crayfish, stock cube, salt and pepper; stir and allow to cook for another 10 mins before serving.
- Serve the bean porridge with fried or steamed plantain and sprinkle on garnish like chopped parsley if needed.
Get your Nigerian food ingredients from our online store: https://www.ethnicmixx.com/products delivered to your door – next day delivery on all items – see FAQ for more information on delivery times.
Need any help? Get in touch through our Live chat or Contact us page.
See more how to cook content