Fish Sabaw (Hot and sour soup)
ORDER your Filipino food ingredients online today – UK only.
Hot and sour fish soup
Fish Sabaw is a fish and vegetable soup.
- 8 cups fish stock
- 1 cups white wine
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 50 g ginger (grated)
- 2 piece green chillies (finely sliced)
- 2 piece tomato (skinned, seeded and cut into wedges)
- 350 g meat or fish
- 12 piece fresh prawns
- 1 bunch basil leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1 bunch parsely (roughly chopped)
- 4 tbsp coconut vinegar
- 1 piece garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 piece lime (cut into wedges )
- 2 pieces green chillies (seeded and quatered)
- In a large pan, bring the stock and wine to boil. Stir in the tamarind paste, fish sauce, sugar, ginger and chillies. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the broth and season with salt and pepper. Add fish and prawns and simmer for a further 5 minutes, until the fish is fully cooked.
- Whilst waiting, in a bowl, quickly mix the coconut vinegar and garlic for serving and put assist.
- Stir half the basil and half the parsley into the broth and ladle into individual warmed bowls. Garnish with the remaining basil and parsley and several immediately, with the spiked coconut vinegar to splash on top, the line wedges to squeeze into the soup, and the chillies to chew.
Get your Filipino ingredients from our online store: #EthnicMixxProducts delivered to your door – next day delivery on all items – see FAQ for more information on delivery times.
Need any help? Get in touch through our Live chat or Contact us page.
See more how to cook content
[facebook] on Facebook