ORDER your Filipino food ingredients online today – UK only.
Kaldereta is a tasty vegetable dish made-up of different fresh vegetables, pork, and shrimp paste.
- 2 lbs beef (cubed)
- 3 piece garlic cloves
- 1 piece onion (chopped)
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 piece red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 piece green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup liver spread (or paste)
- 1 tsp red pepper
- 3 piece bay leaves
- 2 cups potatoes (sliced)
- 2 cups carrots (sliced)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat the cooking oil in the cooking pot or pressure cooker.
- Sauté the onion and garlic.
- Add the beef. Cook for 5 minutes or until the color turns light brown.
- Add the dried bay leaves and crushed pepper. Stir.
- Add the liver spread. Stir.
- Pour-in the tomato sauce and beef broth.
- Cook the beef until it becomes tender (about 30 mins if using a pressure cooker, or 1 to 2 hours if using an ordinary pot).
- Add potato and carrots. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Put the bell peppers in the cooking pot. Stir and continue to cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Get your Filipino ingredients from our online store: #EthnicMixxProducts delivered to your door – next day delivery on all items – see FAQ for more information on delivery times.
Need any help? Get in touch through our Live chat or Contact us page.
[facebook] on Facebook
See more how to cook Spicy Pork Kaldereta content from the web:
Credits: Panlasang Pinoy