ORDER your Filipino food ingredients online today – UK only.
Kaldereta is a tasty vegetable dish made-up of different fresh vegetables, pork, and shrimp paste.
- 2 lbs beef (cubed)
- 3 piece garlic cloves
- 1 piece onion (chopped)
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 piece red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 piece green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup liver spread (or paste)
- 1 tsp red pepper
- 3 piece bay leaves
- 2 cups potatoes (sliced)
- 2 cups carrots (sliced)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat the cooking oil in the cooking pot or pressure cooker.
- Sauté the onion and garlic.
- Add the beef. Cook for 5 minutes or until the color turns light brown.
- Add the dried bay leaves and crushed pepper. Stir.
- Add the liver spread. Stir.
- Pour-in the tomato sauce and beef broth.
- Cook the beef until it becomes tender (about 30 mins if using a pressure cooker, or 1 to 2 hours if using an ordinary pot).
- Add potato and carrots. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Put the bell peppers in the cooking pot. Stir and continue to cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Get your Filipino ingredients from our online store: #EthnicMixxProducts delivered to your door – next day delivery on all items – see FAQ for more information on delivery times.
Need any help? Get in touch through our Live chat or Contact us page.
See more how to cook Spicy Pork Kaldereta content from the web:
Credits: Panlasang Pinoy