ORDER your Filipino food ingredients online today – UK only.
Hearty Filipino dish made with lots of vegetable, beef tripe, oxtail and a thick savory peanut sauce.
- 1 inch kilo of beef cut into cubes (beef tripe or oxtail (cut 2long) or a combination of all three (beef, tripe and oxtail), round or sirloin cut)
- 3 cups peanut butter
- 1/4 cup toasted rice (grounded)
- 1/2 cup bagoong alamang (cooked anchovies)
- 2 pieces onions (diced)
- 2 pieces garlic (minced)
- 4 tablespoons atsuete oil
- 4 pieces eggplant (thick sliced or diced)
- 1 bunch bok choy (cut into 2 pieces)
- 1 bunch sitaw (cut to 2 inches long)
- 1 in banana bud (cut similar to eggplant slices, blanchboiling water)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 8 cups of water
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- Cook the beef, oxtail and tripe until soft and strain stock for reuse.
- In a sauce pan, add oil and leave to heat up, then sauté garlic, onions until golden brown.
- Add the beef stock, rice, meat and peanut butter; then simmer for a 20 minutes period.
- Add the vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with bagoong on the side and cooked rice.
- Inspired by Filipino Food Recipes.