ORDER your Malaysian food ingredients online today – UK only.
Spicy chicken noodle soup with coconut.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 piece garlic cloves (crushed)
- 6 piece shallots (chopped)
- 30 g ginger root (grated)
- 350 g chicken (boneless and diced)
- 4 cups water
- 2 piece lemon grass stalks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 piece chicken stock cube (Knorr or Maggi)
- 1 piece coconut (Grated flesh)
- 1 piece basil leaves (for garnish)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the garlic until it has become golden brown. Add the shallots and grated ginger and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the diced chicken to the pan and stir-fry for 5 minutes until the pieces are white all over.
- Add water, lemon grass, salt and pepper and crumble in the stock cube. Simmer for 25 minutes until the chicken is tender.
- Add the grated coconut flesh and simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve hot, garnished with basil leaves.
Get your Malaysian food ingredients from our online store: https://www.ethnicmixx.com/products delivered to your door – next day delivery on all items – see FAQ for more information on delivery times.
Need any help? Get in touch through our Live chat or Contact us page.
See more how to cook content
[facebook] on Facebook