ORDER your Nigerian food ingredients online today – UK only.
Nigerian Fried Rice
Nigerian spicy fried rice is eaten with plantain and grilled beef, chicken or fish.
- 1 Kg rice (par-boiled)
- 3 piece carrot (sliced)
- 200 g string beans (julienne)
- 1 piece green bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 piece onion (Large, Diced)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 220 ml beef stock (from the pre-cooked beef or chicken)
- 50 g green peas
- 100 g beef liver (diced (optional))
- Place cooking pan on the stove and add 2 tbsp vegetable oil and leave until hot. Add chopped onion, green beans and garlic and stir for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in beef or chicken stock, curry powder, chilli powder, stock cube and stir.
- Add the par-boiled rice and liver if used, stir and leave for 8 minutes to cook.
- Peas goes in and leave to simmer for another 5 mins, add salt for taste.
- Serve hot with grilled beef or chicken.
Pre-requisite: Ensure you have cooked the meat and par-boiled the rice before beginning this recipe.
Get your Nigerian ingredients from our online store: https://www.ethnicmixx.com/products delivered to your door – next day delivery on all items – see FAQ for more information on delivery times.
Need any help? Get in touch through our Live chat or Contact us page.
[facebook] on Facebook
See more how to cook Nigerian meat pie content from the web:
Credits: Ivonne Ajayi