ORDER your Nigerian food ingredients online today – UK only.
Nigerian Fried Rice
Nigerian spicy fried rice is eaten with plantain and grilled beef, chicken or fish.
- 1 Kg rice (par-boiled)
- 3 piece carrot (sliced)
- 200 g string beans (julienne)
- 1 piece green bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 piece onion (Large, Diced)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 220 ml beef stock (from the pre-cooked beef or chicken)
- 50 g green peas
- 100 g beef liver (diced (optional))
- Place cooking pan on the stove and add 2 tbsp vegetable oil and leave until hot. Add chopped onion, green beans and garlic and stir for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in beef or chicken stock, curry powder, chilli powder, stock cube and stir.
- Add the par-boiled rice and liver if used, stir and leave for 8 minutes to cook.
- Peas goes in and leave to simmer for another 5 mins, add salt for taste.
- Serve hot with grilled beef or chicken.
Pre-requisite: Ensure you have cooked the meat and par-boiled the rice before beginning this recipe.
Get your Nigerian ingredients from our online store: https://www.ethnicmixx.com/products delivered to your door – next day delivery on all items – see FAQ for more information on delivery times.
Need any help? Get in touch through our Live chat or Contact us page.
See more how to cook Nigerian meat pie content from the web:
Credits: Ivonne Ajayi