ORDER your Filipino food ingredients online today – UK only.
Nilaga (a.k.a Beef Stew)
Beef Nilaga is a type of beef stew cooked with carrots, potatoes and plantain.
- 1 Kg beef (diced)
- 8 pieces potatoes (chopped)
- 1 piece bok choy (chopped)
- 1 piece cabbage (quartered)
- 2 pieces onions (diced)
- 1 piece garlic (minced)
- 4 tablespoons patis (fish sauce)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon black pepper (ground)
- 1 liter of water
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper to taste
- In a sauce pan, heat the cooking oil and sauté the garlic and onions.
- Add water, the beef, black pepper and patis.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for an hour or until the beef is tender.
- Add the potatoes and wait until potatoes are cooked.
- Add the cabbage then the pechay and wait a few minutes until cooked.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
How to cook Nilaga the Filipino way
[facebook] on Facebook