ORDER your Filipino food ingredients online today – UK only.
Pinakbet is a tasty vegetable dish made-up of different fresh vegetables, pork, and shrimp paste.
- 1/4 lbs pork (thinly sliced)
- 1 piece eggplant (sliced)
- 1 piece bitter melon (chopped)
- 1/4 lbs butternut squash (cubed)
- 3 pieces tomato (sliced)
- 1 pieces onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp ginger (minced)
- 3 cloves garlic cloves (crushed)
- 8 pieces okra
- 1 bunch string beans (cut to 4 inches length)
- 4 tbsp shrimp paste
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat the pan and put the cooking oil.
- When oil is hot enough, saute the garlic, ginger, onion, and tomato
- Add the pork and cook until color turns light brown (about 5 to 8 minutes)
- Put-in the shrimp paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until pork is tender
- Put-in the squash and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until texture becomes soft
- Add the remaining vegetables and mix with the other ingredients.Simmer for 5 minutes or until all the vegetables are cooked. (Do not overcook the vegetables)
- Serve hot with steamed white rice.
Get your Filipino ingredients from our online store: #EthnicMixxProducts delivered to your door – next day delivery on all items – see FAQ for more information on delivery times.
Need any help? Get in touch through our Live chat or Contact us page.
See more how to cook content