ORDER your Ghanaian food ingredients online today – UK only.
Red Red is Ghana’s favourite black-eyed beans sauce.
- 400 g black eyed beans (canned)
- 3 piece plantain (ripe, cut diagonally)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 piece onion (sliced)
- 2 pieces garlic cloves (sliced, optional)
- 2 pieces tomatoes (diced)
- 1 tbsp gari
- 2 tbsp tomato puree (for colour in the absence of palm oil)
- In a saucepan, heat 1/2 cup of palm oil. Add onions, garlic and chili to the oil once hot; stir until fragrant and add the tomatoes and stew until soft.
See more how to cook content