ORDER your Filipino food ingredients online today – UK only.
Sinigang is a sour soup native to the Philippines. This soup dish recipe uses pork as the main ingredient though beef, fish, or chicken can be used.
- 2 lbs pork belly
- 1 bunch spinach
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 bunch string beans (cut to small lenghts)
- 2 pieces chili powder (or banana pepper)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 liters water
- 1 large onion (sliced or diced)
- 2 pieces gabi (cocoyam) (quartered)
- 1 pack sinigang mix
- Heat the pot and put-in the cooking oil
- Sauté the onion until its layers separate from each other
- Add the pork belly and cook until outer part turns light brown
- Put-in the fish sauce and mix with the ingredients
- Pour the water and bring to a boil
- Add the taro and tomatoes then simmer for 40 minutes or until pork is tender
- Put-in the sinigang mix and chili
- Add the string beans (and other vegetables if there are any) and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes
- Put-in the spinach, turn off the heat, and cover the pot. Let the spinach cook using the remaining heat in the pot; serve hot.
Get your Filipino ingredients from our online store: #EthnicMixxProducts delivered to your door – next day delivery on all items – see FAQ for more information on delivery times.
Need any help? Get in touch through our Live chat or Contact us page.
See more how to cook content