ORDER your Filipino food ingredients online today – UK only.
Tinola is a soup-based dish served as an appetizer or main. The dish is cooked with chicken, wedges of green papaya, and leaves of the siling labuyo chili pepper in broth flavored with ginger, onions and fish sauce.
- 1 Kg chicken (chopped into serving peices)
- 2 piece sayote (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 1 tbsp garlic cloves (peeled, minced)
- 1 thumb ginger root (peeled, sliced into strips)
- 1 handful spinach
- 400 ml water
- 1 pinch salt (to taste)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- In a medium size pan, heat oil until hot, saute garlic and ginger for about a minute.
- Add the chopped chicken and fish sauce (optional) and mix well. Cook chicken for 10 minutes or until brown.
- Pour around 400ml of water in the chicken mix and leave to simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Add wedges of sayote and simmer for 4 minutes
- Then add spinach and salt to taste and cook another minute before serving hot with cooked rice.
Get your Filipino ingredients from our online store: #EthnicMixxProducts delivered to your door – next day delivery on all items – see FAQ for more information on delivery times.
Need any help? Get in touch through our Live chat or Contact us page.
See more how to cook content
[facebook] on Facebook