Yam Pottage (Asaro)
ORDER your Nigerian food ingredients online today – UK only.
Yam Porridge (Asaro)
Yam Pottage is a Yam and Tomato stew infused dish.
- 1 piece yam tuber (peeled and cubed)
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 piece onion (medium and chopped)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp crayfish
- 1 piece stock cube (Maggi or Knorr)
- 1 tsp chili powder (add or lessen depending on spice wanted)
- 1 pinch salt (a(for taste))
- In a medium saucepan place the peeled and diced yams in water. Cook for 20 minutes or until tender and set aside.
- In a separate pot, heat the oil and stir in onion, chopped tomato, tomato puree, crayfish, stock cube and chili; stir and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked yam into the sauce mix and mix well. Add salt if needed.
- Using a potato masher, mash some of the yam into the sauce. Best served hot.
Get your Nigerian food ingredients from our online store: https://www.ethnicmixx.com/products delivered to your door – next day delivery on all items – see FAQ for more information on delivery times.
Need any help? Get in touch through our Live chat or Contact us page.
See more how to cook Yam Pottage (Asaro) content from the web:
Credits: elle Su