Yam Pottage (Asaro)
ORDER your Nigerian food ingredients online today – UK only.
Yam Porridge (Asaro)
Yam Pottage is a Yam and Tomato stew infused dish.
- 1 piece yam tuber (peeled and cubed)
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 piece onion (medium and chopped)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp crayfish
- 1 piece stock cube (Maggi or Knorr)
- 1 tsp chili powder (add or lessen depending on spice wanted)
- 1 pinch salt (a(for taste))
- In a medium saucepan place the peeled and diced yams in water. Cook for 20 minutes or until tender and set aside.
- In a separate pot, heat the oil and stir in onion, chopped tomato, tomato puree, crayfish, stock cube and chili; stir and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked yam into the sauce mix and mix well. Add salt if needed.
- Using a potato masher, mash some of the yam into the sauce. Best served hot.
Get your Nigerian food ingredients from our online store: https://www.ethnicmixx.com/products delivered to your door – next day delivery on all items – see FAQ for more information on delivery times.
Need any help? Get in touch through our Live chat or Contact us page.
[facebook] on Facebook
See more how to cook Yam Pottage (Asaro) content from the web:
Credits: elle Su